This is almost like two recipes in one! Stephen loves the bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers I make for him so I decided to make it into a entrée. It is the same recipe I use for the poppers only instead of just wrapping the jalapenos in bacon I wrapped them in chicken and put the bacon wrapped around that!
This recipe was super super easy to make, and I plan on making it again with some more spice added. Even though it says jalapeno it is VERY mild, and you may even want to add some more spice too it if you are looking for a kick.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2.5 oz of cream
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 whole jalapeños
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8 pieces of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the tops off the jalapenos and deseed them. Then put an X cut on the bottom of them so that when we are stuffing them the air can come out the bottom and we can stuff more!
- Put the cream cheese and mozzarella in a bowl, and then microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the paprika into the cheese mixture and mix together. Optional to add spice add in some of the jalapeño seeds!
- Stuff the jalapenos with 3/4 of the cheese mixture, and set them aside.
- Tenderize the chicken flat (or butterfly cut).
- Get a pan ready for the stuffed chicken.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat, and use a spacula to spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture on to the chicken breasts
- Place the stuffed jalapenos on the center of the chicken, wrap the chicken around the pepper and then wrap the bacon around the chicken.
- Place in oven for about 45-50 minutes (or until done) and enjoy!