Breakfast food is hands down my favorite food! The issue is I never want to wake up and dirty my kitchen first thing in the morning, which is why I started to make these breakfast casseroles. I would make them the night before and keep them in the fridge. In the morning I would let my dog out, pre heat the oven, shower while the oven is heating, put the casseroles in and get dressed while they warm up in the oven. It added 5 minutes to my morning routine and allowed me to have breakfast with only creating four dirty dishes: our casserole pans and our forks.
This recipe is completely keto! It may differ in nutrients depending on the brand you use which is why I am not putting a nutrition panel on this post. You can always switch out the meat, or add more meats, and low carb veggies.
Serves: 2 ( or as many as you split)
• 6 oz of Sausage (I use Tennessee Pride Spicy)
• 6 Eggs
• 1/2 C diced onion (I used frozen pre-diced Meijer brand)
• 1/2 C Died Green Pepper (I used frozen pre-diced Meijer brand)
• 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
• 1 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese
• 1/2 C heavy cream
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Chives thinly sliced
• Sour Cream
• More cheese!
1. Preheat oven to 375; meanwhile start the garlic in a medium pan on the stove top until fragrant.
2. Add In the sausage to the pan until fully cooked, then add in the peppers and onions.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese and salt/pepper.
4. Get a small casserole pan and spray it with olive oil. I used two small bakeware pans instead of one.
5. Add in the sausage/pepper mix to the pan(s) and then add in the egg mixture. Top off with the rest of the cheddar cheese.
6. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes (or until done).
7. Top with sour cream and chives then enjoy, or keep in fridge until ready to eat then preheat oven to 350 and warm up for ten minutes then top and enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prepping! I usually make a couple serving at a time in individual serving size pans and just have to heat them up in the morning.